Purpose and Scope
Fishburners is committed to providing a safe, supportive, professional and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and beliefs.
Our values underpin everything we do and include:
- Acting with honesty and transparency
- Being Respectful and fair
- Valuing diversity and inclusion
- The value of a community that shares expertise, practices and challenges
- Persistence and hard work
- Commitment to Lifelong Learning
- Supporting each other through the good and bad times
This code of conduct outlines the standards of behaviour and professionalism expected of all employees, members, affiliates and visitors who participate in our community.
If you are a Founder with employees, contractors or interns working from Fishburners, please make sure they are made aware of and agree to this Code of Conduct. You (the founder) will be made responsible for any violation of this Code of Conduct made by your team members.
We expect all Fishburners employees, members, affiliates and visitors to abide by this Code of Conduct in-person and online. This code of conduct also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the Fishburners office when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of any Fishburners employee, member, affiliate or visitor.
Employees, members, affiliates and visitors should agree to adhere to this code of conduct for the duration of their involvement. We may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent ban from Fishburners premises/platforms. Such revoking of participation does not preclude any further legal action should such action be deemed appropriate.
All Fishburners employees, members, affiliates and visitors must:
- Be considerate, collaborative and respectful; this includes appropriate use of language and ethical consideration in all communications
- Accurately represent their knowledge and understanding of their area of expertise or professional field;
- Act diligently and conscientiously; fairly, reasonably and with honesty
- Alert Fishburners management immediately if they notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviors will not be tolerated at Fishburners:
- Behaviour that goes against Australian anti-spam and data-protection laws. Ie. Data scraping of member information and communications without permission
- Direct sales and advertising to members via Slack
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material – either online or in presentations.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information in an inappropriate fashion.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances, regardless of the genders involved.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Consistent interrogation.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations, or participation that generates a large number of complaints.
- Undermining security through the transfer of access rights to our premises or digital assets/platforms
- Theft or damage of property
Whilst on the Fishburners premises you will be recorded by closed circuit television for security purposes. There are cameras located on each floor that record at all times to monitor for any theft, trespass or unauthorised behaviour of Members or Guests on the premises. Fishburners staff may inspect the footage on the cameras at any time if they deem necessary.
Use of Premises
We expect employees, members, affiliates and visitors to take good care of all parts of the Fishburners premises and property and to only use the facilities for the intended purpose.
We expect all physical members to maintain a clean, tidy and safe desk and work space.
We expect our members to respect other members who would like to use our boardrooms, which are in high demand. All boardroom bookings must be limited to 3 hours per day. Management will monitor boardroom bookings and may cancel inappropriate bookings, and suspend members from bookings if the rule is repeatedly broken.
“Poaching” of Employees from Other Members
Fishburners is built on an environment of collaboration and skill sharing. We also respect each individual’s ability to choose who they work with, and the ability of startups to adequately incentivise their employees to stay with them.
Because of the above, we have no objection to employees moving between startups in Fishburners, but do ask our members to do so with immense respect to the collaborative spirit we’re trying to foster.
If an employee, member, affiliate or visitor of Fishburners should know of, or become aware of, any breach of this Code of Conduct ou are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing [email protected] or contacting the Chief Executive Officer.
You may also want to refer to Fishburners Whistleblower Policy here
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is partly based on the Citizen Code of Conduct and is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Portions of text derived from the [Open Source Code of Conduct] (http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/)and Google’s event code of conduct (https://www.google.com/events/policy/anti-harassmentpolicy.html)