Small Biz Matters – hosted by broadcaster, advocate and small business owner Alexi Boyd, is a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
Fishburners CEO, Nicole O’Brien recently joined Alexi to talk all things startup future and accelerators.
Episode: Full Speed Ahead – So What’s An Accelerator? with Nicole O’Brien
Incubators, accelerators, startup hubs. They seem to be popping up all over the place. Some are independent and others available through university programs. So what exactly are they and how do they give businesses the edge when starting out?
Are they just for the techpreneurs who innovate in the digital world, or are other industries and sectors involved too?
Today on the program we are joined by the CEO of Fishburners, Nicole O’Brien. Fishburners is a not for profit enterprise dedicated to “making the hardest thing you’ve ever done easier by providing the best facilities, resources, education, support and community of like-minded people to connect with and learn from.”
- Why are startups so important to building a better Australia?
- How do you define a startup – is it a matter of being young or at the beginning of your small business journey?
- Why is Community central to startup success?
- How do organisations like Fishburners nourish a community with such a diverse range of startups in their community?
- What is the future of communities in Australia, post pandemic? (How do they differ from co-working spaces?)
- What are your top tips for continuing to collaborate & network when the face-to-face option is no longer there?
- What makes Fishburners different?
- What do we have to look forward to coming out of Australian startups over the next 5 years?