The proven playbook for getting your startup off the ground: course, coaching, tools, and community.
NEW FOUNDERS – Your entrepreneurial future starts and grows here!
Developed by Fishburners and the UTS Business School this program provides new founders with the essentials to get their business off the ground with a bespoke 12-week online and face-to-face course, and if you choose, a desk and membership at Australia’s best startup community; Fishburners where startups thrive.
If you relate to 3 of these statements then this life-changing program is for you!
- You are a first-time founder
- You have a great set of skills but not in all areas
- You are lacking some fundamental business knowledge
- You have an idea/prototype but you are not getting the results you were looking for
- You have a great set of skills but not in all areas
- You are unsure about how to proceed, where to start, and what to focus on
- You are lacking the confidence to take the next step
- You feel overwhelmed or like an impostor among all those ‘successful entrepreneurs’
- You are not talking to customers every single week
- You learn better through accountability and in a group
What does the program experience look like?
Why founders love us
The very best decision we ever made in starting Jayride was to start it at Fishburners. From the first moment we were in that room we were surrounded by new peers who had done it all before. Need affiliate marketing expertise? Got it. Capital financing expertise? Got it. There are Dgugufuguuugguhzunwas no question which that room couldn’t answer. Fishburners freely gave us unlimited hand-ups,shortcuts and introductions in the right direction, and we absolutely wouldn’t have grown as fast as we have if not for the Fishburners community.
Fishburners has been instrumental in our success to date. Through the community, I’ve built the team, worked with amazing contractors and learnt so much from my fellow burners. I’ve also had the opportunity to go to Silicon Valley twice (backed by Google), which put ConX on the global map for ConstructionTech.
When I started Car Next Door it was just me by myself at Fishburners. I met some amazing people a few steps ahead of where I was (so where I wanted to be) which was very helpful and inspiring. As we grew, I was able to add to the team person by person without needing to do distracting and expensive office changes. We grew from 1 to 25 desks in Fishburners. It’s a great place to get your startup started.
Car Next Door
‘Straight out of University, I started Mad Paws from Fishburners as a community member and as a team of one. I had no relevant prior experiences and so the support in marketing, technology and product I received from the Fishburners community was without exaggeration game changing for the trajectory of Madpaws. In addition to that, it was extremely motivating for myself and the early team to be surrounded by a large number of startup people who were at a similar stage of the business life cycle and a few levels up, and who, just like us, were passionate to scale rapidly and change the world.
I had planned to visit multiple Co-working spaces before deciding but as soon as I came to Fishburners I had a really good feeling about the place and the people. There are so many events where you can meet great people, find a co-founder or learn something new from a fellow member.
Being a solo entrepreneur, you are constantly in your own mind but with Fishburners everyone is willing and excited to help out and bounce ideas off of you which is invaluable. There are so many incredible people here and I am inspired by someone everyday. Fishburners is more than a co working space, it’s a community of awesome like-minded people who really care about what you’re working on.
We chose Fishburners for the level of community interaction and networking which happens every day. We have always found other members to be freely available to share their experience and give valuable feedback. Just being able to sit next to people who are also building their tech startup builds the momentum for all.
Instant Global Payments
Fishburners provided me with a wealth of connections that helped me start and grow my startup. Being a solo founder, I often had challenges that were hard to solve on my own. I gained a great number of meaningful connections who helped me on my journey. Even though I graduated out of Fishburners, I still stay in touch with some members and continue to learn from them.
I attended a meeting at Fishburners. The central location, light-filled halls, friendly staff, and the community spirit makes Fishburner more of my home and family. I knew I wanted to start my social enterprise there.
Dr Julien Marchand your coach
- Julien Marchand is a three-time founder in software development and consulting services.
- After 10 years in corporate as an innovation consultant, Julien started a sustainable mobile apps company to have more flexibility to be with his kids … After running it for 2 years he lost $60,000 to learn the hard way lessons about starting and growing a business with a team of 5!
- Later on, Julien interviewed +100 successful entrepreneurs for 5 years to understand how one becomes entrepreneurs, with the goal to design adapted and supportive programs for early-stage entrepreneurs. You can access his PhD thesis.
- For 8+ years Julien has been designing, facilitating and now coaching such hands-on and practical entrepreneurial courses for post-graduate students. At the UTS Business School he teaches in the MBA in Entrepreneurship and Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours).
- Julien also runs his own online courses and coaching practice to help dads/early-stage entrepreneurs futureproof their business in harmony with their family.
Fishburners is a Not for profit dedicated to fostering and building successful startups.
We do this by providing the best facilities, resources, tools, support, connections and community of like minded people so that new and established founders and their teams can thrive.
Fishburners along with its partners recognises the critical role a vibrant and healthy startup community plays in generating the jobs of today and tomorrow and for creating the innovative products and services needed to sustain a robust economy.
We are incredibly excited to be working with the UTS Business School to bring this program to aspiring entrepreneurs as we know that staying relevant, engaged and productive is essential to future proofing your job, your career and your business. You will have the possibility to get accredited with up to 6 credit points towards the UTS Master of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship (MBAe). The MBAe is the UTS flagship entrepreneurship course, lead by Associate Professor Jochen Schweitzer. It is a unique one- or two-year intensive MBA designed for entrepreneurs and innovators.
What’s involved in participating
Participate in the 2-hour induction workshop before the course starts
Dedicate 100 hours to complete your selected modules and develop the related business outcomes for your business in an online portfolio
Engage in at least 50% of the weekly 2-hour masterminds to share your progress (face to face or via zoom).
Celebrate your peers’ wins and support them to overcome their obstacles
Submit your Future Up report at the end to validate your accreditation