Optus Fishburners Scholarship 2023
Optus and Fishburners are excited to announce the launch of the inaugural Optus Fishburners Scholarship that will support the growth of a founder over a 12-month period.
About the Scholarship
The winner of the scholarship will receive:
- One year “Dedicated Membership” at Fishburners (worth over $7,000) which includes:
- Dedicated Desk at Sydney Hub
- Access to startup ecosystem events
- Founders Hub platform which includes 100+mentors, content including recordings of past Lunch and Learns and Pitch Nights, as well as perks and discounts
- Access to Fishburners Slack (1000+ members)
- Six mentoring sessions from Optus subject matter experts
- Access to test product and capabilities at the Optus 5G Innovation Hub
Fishburners x Optus
Optus and Fishburners began their relationship in 2012. When the Sydney Startup Hub, an Investment NSW innovation initiative, opened its doors five years ago, Fishburners and Optus were some of the first tenants and have continued to work closely to support tech founders.
The Application Process
Applications open on Thursday 16 March and close on Sunday 9 April 2023.
The shortlisted applicants will pitch their startup at an Optus sponsored Fishburners Pitch Night on Friday 28 April 2023.Apply now
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are open to companies with an ABN and who do not have a direct connection with any telecommunications organisations
- There must be a full-time dedicated founder
- The solution needs to be tech-enabled and demonstrate the desirability
- A commitment to ESG will be highly regarded
- The prize is for one “dedicated membership” for a one year (12 months) period.
- If the winner has an existing membership, this will be put on hold until the scholarship period concludes
- The winner is eligible for up to six, one hour mentoring sessions with Optus employees, as determined by Optus
- Optus will shortlist entrants, and winners will be selected by a panel appointed by Optus in its discretion.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash.