As mentioned during your interview with the team the following applies:
For dedicated membership, you must pay your membership fees at least two months in advance each month
For community and flexible memberships, you must pay your membership fees at least one month in advance each month.
Membership fees are not refundable upon request in any circumstances. We will send you an invoice for your monthly membership fees. Unless otherwise specified the invoice will be sent to the email address specified in your application. Invoices are payable within 7 days of receipt unless otherwise stated on the invoice.
We reserve the right to charge you a late payment fee not exceeding $25 in respect of any invoice which we issue and which you do no pay by the due date. Please note late fees will be charged each time an automatic debit fails to debit.
Fishburners Community Charter
Fishburners is a non profit organisation that exists to grow tech startups and foster an environment where we all win, by being open to give first, collaborate and be there for each other.
If you’re reading this, it means you have the privilege of joining Fishburners and we want you to be part of shaping the community and supporting what we stand for.
Fishburners is all about community first. It’s what makes us different, it’s what we pride ourselves on and it’s what we want to continue to grow and celebrate.
For these reasons, we ask all our new Burners to read and sign our community charter below. This charter has been co-created by your fellow burners over the years.
Know, live and breathe our values
- Brilliance: "We are the world's innovators"
- Collaboration: "We're stronger together"
- Community: "We give back whenever we can"
Giving back is what Fishburners has been built on and is what makes Fishburners a special place. We have a huge community of talented individuals building businesses that matter so if you get stuck, remember you are not alone in your startup journey or career.
To make the most of Fishburners and this community remember to offer to put your hand up to get involved as much as you can and treat the space and the community with respect.
How to cowork like a pro
- Treat the space right - wash your dishes, clean up after yourself, show common courtesy
- Pitch in - put the milk in the milk fridge when it arrives, volunteer to be a big fish for a pitch night, advise a fellow Burner on a problem they are having with their startup
- Give back attitude - ask not just what Fishburners can do for you, but what you can do for Fishburners
- Phone etiquette - keep your voice down when taking calls at your desk, jump into a boardroom or phone booth if it’s a long call
- Meeting rooms - leave meeting rooms on time. Cancel room bookings when you don’t need them
- No visitors after 6pm - have meetings but plan them during office hours
- Say hello - if you see someone new, introduce yourself and welcome them
- Immerse yourself - take advantage of all the events and sessions available to you
- Give feedback - let the Fishburners team know if we’re missing the mark or could improve in any way
- Keep safe - make sure only members are in the building after hours (except for organised events)
- Ask a burner - chances are the person next to you knows the answer and you’ll meet someone new in the process
- Get your team involved - the best teams are those whose founders encourage their team members to get involved
Follow our code of conduct
We expect all burners to:
- Be considerate, respectful and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech, in person or online.
- Be mindful of their surroundings and of their fellow members and visitors of Fishburners.
- Alert Fishburners management if immediately if they notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviours will not be tolerated at Fishburners:
- Violence,threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material – either online or in presentations.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information in an inappropriate fashion.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualised comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances, regardless of the genders involved.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Consistent interrogation.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviour.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations, or participation that generates a large number of complaints.
Fishburners Sydney Key Card Waiver
I agree that I have received a Fishburners key card with the identification number above
I acknowledge that my startup will be invoiced and debited $105 inc GST for this key card. I understand that this will be automatically debited through the payment details I have provided to Fishburners. The charge is made up of:
- A one off non-refundable $25 card fee
- A $80 refundable deposit which will be returned once I return my key card on terminating my membership
I understand that if I lose my card and request a new card, my startup will be charged $105 inc GST for each replacement card.
I understand that my startup will be charged $105 inc GST for each key card provided to registered employees of my startup. I agree that it will be my responsibility to manage these cards amongst my startup employees working from Fishburners, and will notify Fishburners accounts of new or leaving employees, or any lost access cards.
Fishburners Sydney Key Card
Your company will be covering the cost of your access card and will receive an $80 refund upon returning the access card.
If you request for a new access card, your company will be charged $105 inc. GST for a new access card upon request.
If you misplace your access card, please notify the Fishburners team as soon as possible.