Fishburners is the largest tech co-working space in Australia.
We are a not-for-profit charitable institution based in Ultimo Sydney.
We have housed 100s of entrepreneurs and over 115 startup businesses in our co working space, providing the basic necessities to run a tech startup. Companies can obtain access:
- daily for $40
- permanently for $300 per month
- up to 3 days per week on the community ‘hot desk’ bench for $200 each per month
- to the ground floor for teams of 3+
As a not-for-profit charitable institution we can provide desk space at 50% of market rates, reducing your burn rate and increasing your chance of success.
We have no shareholders, only members for whom we serve. Our aim is to foster tech entrepreneurship in Australia. We do this by;
providing a co working space for entrepreneurs to
- increase the chance of you being successful
- collaborate, share knowledge and ideas
- support others
- share networks
- make entrepreneurial friends
providing a 200SQM dedicated events space to hold
- tech meetups (including; GDG, Android, Python, SEO, Testers, UX, TiE, MondoDB, Game Development, Sydney Tech Meetup);
- hack weekends (Startup Weekend, Lean Startup Machine, iOS Dev Camp)
- our famous Friday networking drinks
- a chill out space during the work day
- a place to brain storm and whiteboard
We are now home to 115 businesses. Some of the well known companies we have helped include:
- Design Crowd
- We Need a Nanny
We are home to accelerator PushStart and education provider General Assembly.
We have hosted presentations from a number of incredible entrepreneurs and tech professionals including;
- Vivian Stewart – Co Founder Sydney Angels
- Bardia Housman – Founder of Business Catalyst (acquired by Adobe)
- Niki Scevak – Founder of StartMate and Founder HomeThinking.com
- Elias Bizannes – Founder of Startup House and Startup Bus
- Jack Delosa – CEO at The Entourage
- Chad Dickerson – CEO Etsy
- Mark Cummins – Co Founder Plink (acquired by Google for Google Googles)
- Werner Vogels – CTO Amazon
- Andrew Pipolo – CEO PayPal,
- Brett Clark – CEO Chemist Warehouse,
- CEO Travel.com.au,
- CEO Saasu
- and more…
Our Members love Us!
What does “Fishburners” mean?
The name comes from one of the pioneering ships of the first fleet that settled Australia – The Fishburn.
At Fishburners we espouse this pioneering attitude and strive to use technology to create new markets and put our stamp on the world.