Dropbox is a proud partner of Fishburners. The partnership will give all Fishburners members free access to Dropbox for Business and offer technical mentoring on how to utilise the Dropbox for Business API to enable team-level app management and integration with third-party services.
We started small
Dropbox was founded in 2007 by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Frustrated by working from multiple computers, Drew was inspired to create a service that would let people bring all their files anywhere, with no need to email around attachments. Drew coded a demo of Dropbox and showed it to fellow MIT student Arash Ferdowsi, who dropped out with only one semester left to help make Dropbox a reality. Guiding their decisions was a relentless focus on crafting a simple and reliable experience across every computer and phone.
We’ve seen global growth
- Dropbox has more than 300,000,000 users.
- People save 1 billion files to Dropbox every 24 hours.
- Dropbox is supported in 20 languages with users in over 200 countries.
- Dropbox is used in 97 percent of Fortune 500 companies.
- Over 300,000 apps have been built on the Dropbox Platform.
- Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Austin, Dublin, Herzliya, London, New York, Paris, Seattle, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Dropbox for Business is helping businesses of all sizes
- More than 100,000 businesses and organisations use Dropbox for Business
- Select customers: Under Armour, National Geographic, MIT, Hyatt Hotels, News Corp, Hearst, Gelato Messina, Suntory
- Select industries:
- Media/advertising (Hearst, Macmillan Publishers, HUGE, National Geographic, Valiant)
- Education (MIT, CSU Fullerton, LA Unified School District, Khan Academy, KIPP Houston, Ehrenberg-Bass, Singapore Medical School, Uversity)
- Retail/fashion (Under Armour, Citizen, Vita Coco, BCBG, Paul Mitchell, Sur la Table, Absolut)
- Tech (Yahoo, Intuit, Zendesk, Spotify, Eventbrite, Kayak, Asana)
- In the media vertical, we’ve seen 200% YoY growth
- 1 in 5 media professionals already use Dropbox
- 7 out of 9 media companies in the Fortune 500 use Dropbox
- The average DfB customer connects with 7 other businesses on Dropbox